Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Self defense

What can I do if a police officer without any provocation attacks me
with a baton, fists, etc? I ask, can I use self-defense against the
officer?

Is it a good idea to at least defend myself against such blows, or
just sit there and let him/her continue to wail on me?

If I do have a black belt in Hokkaido/tae-kwon-do and a lot of it
included self-defense against unarmed, knife, and gun threats and
attacks, what are the ramifications if I were to use self defense and
actually take the offending officer down in self-defense?

No shooting, or using the officer's weapon against him (maybe just
removing the clip and cocking the gun to release the bullet in the
chamber), nothing excessively violent, just being able to defend
myself until help arrives. And if it does, should I run like hell?
Stay for the backup? Pray for an on board dash-cam to catch the
incident?

--
Thanks for being part of "PoliticalForum" at Google Groups.
For options & help see http://groups.google.com/group/PoliticalForum

* Visit our other community at http://www.PoliticalForum.com/
* It's active and moderated. Register and vote in our polls.
* Read the latest breaking news, and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment