Wednesday, June 9, 2010

How do you decide what to discuss and what to avoid?


 
I have Many-things:
You can make something from anything
Pl z. tweet me
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Noor/123002984379603


      Discussions are clearly an invaluable way of improving people fluency but how do you decide what topics to use and what ones to avoid.

 

I usually mix nationality classes which offer fantastic opportunities for discussion and exchange of ideas, however, I am sometimes concerned that the topics I choose may cause a strong level of disagreement and a person may take offence. So far, I've had positive experiences even though some people have disagreed but recently I overheard two persons arguing about a news story they were looking at on-line. One seemed to get quite upset about what the other said and it made me wonder should some topics be avoided?



No comments:

Post a Comment