Thursday, May 19, 2011

From a Canadian retired teacher

    Alic Simard <letaillan@gmail.com> May 18 06:53PM -0400 ^
 
A tale! A tale! (based upon Brian's & Jim's comments about being "passed
over" by the clergy)
Sheila: the school's principal, 6'2", 300+ lb., two-bagger ugly
Ron: teacher who was transferred annually to a new school, because NO
principal was going to keep him for more than one year
Alic: you already know
Ron had made so many sexual suggestions to staff members, and had asked so
many impertinent sexual questions (about their love life; their
husbands'/wives' "performances", etc.) that there was a rash of formal
complaints. Sheila collected the data, and approached me for my "complaint".
I told her that, while I found Ron totally disgusting, and was glad NOT to
have to work with him in any forum, he had never made any such comment to
me, or asked me any impertinent questions. Sheila informed me that the only
two people on staff who did NOT have a complaint to lodge were she and I.
Guess how much that did for my ego.
Ron, by the way, eventually went "over the edge" -- although not in relation
to his school life -- and was arrested, cuffed in his classroom in front of
two class groups of students. He never returned. (There were more than a few
pitchers of beer slung back over that announcement.)
You ask, of course, WHY he wasn't fired earlier. Union, union, union.
Alic
 

No comments:

Post a Comment