Saturday, April 7, 2012

**JP** THE SECRET OF MY LONGER LIFE

 
----- Original Message -----
 

THE SECRET OF MY LONGER LIFE

 By: HUSSAIN KHAN, TOKYO 

 

  

 

A director of Islamic Centre, Tokyo, Mr. Syed Matlub Ali died recently at the age of about 75. He was a good friend of mine for the last about 40 years. May Allah forgive all his sins and shower His blessings in his next life. He was a few years younger than me. Why Allah bestowed me a longer life with health to work for my dreams? I started reflecting about the secret of my longer age in good health and several other blessings of God on me. The article below in Urdu deals with this question. 

 
Had human body not have a mind or a soul, doctors would have made it healthy for eternal living. But there are a lot of psychosomatic diseases born out of tension and stress. It shows the effect of mind over body and to what extent body is controlled by the peaceful or turbulent nature of mind. There is also a phenomenon of death, which pysicians cannot overcome. For the prpose of longevity one should have a peaceful mind without stress or tension. Thus to prolong longevity of human life, in addtion to physical factors like food, drink and excercises etc., there are some spiritual factors also effecting it. Remembrance of Allah brings about peace of mind and heart as the Verse of Quran says ALA BE-ZIKRILLAH-E, TATMAINNAL QULUB. This can also be an important spiritual factor to prolong human life.
Moreover, Allah has created everything and every human being for some PURPOSE. Man is called back to eternal life in heaven or hell through the door of death. Allah decides to prolong or not a Man's mission on this earth. Whether successful or a failure in this world in performing the Mission of his life on the earth, every Man is longing for longevity.  Everyone is praying for it. Doctors have their limitations. Sometimes able-bodied men also die suddenly despite good health. In wars, almost all young and healthy die. For the purpose of longevity we need some spiritual factors too to assist us. 
In my youth, I found a foutain of such life-prolonging spiritual factors. I read some books of Maulana Maudoodi that changed my life. I found myself getting all blessings of God at every stage of my life giving me success and happiness at every step. The periods of trials and turbulance were also there, but these did not ended in failure. Allah gave me success at each stage of my life and I was able to achieve all my goals and fulfill all my dreams.Why?

 

I found the answer in this Verse of holy Quran: IN TANSURULLAHA YANSURUKUM, meaning "If you help Allah, He will help you". After reading the books of Maudoodi, I decided my Primary Goal of Life should be the work of DAWAH. In the Verse quoted earlier, Allah has called it as if you are helping ME. It is the territory of Allah to provide His Guidance to the Mankind. If a Man does the work of DAWAH, ALLAH becomes Merciful on him and gives him the status of a HELPER OF GOD, as if that person is HELPING ALLAH. The Almighty does not need any help from any human being. But in His extreme Kindness, He gives each DAWAH worker the status of HIS HELPER. Then the Verse says further that Allah will also reciprocate and HELP such HELPERS of HIM. It means ALLAH will always HELP DAWAH workers. If someone is AWARDED SUCH A GRAND STATUS, ALLAH WILL ALWAYS HELP SUCH A PERSON AND SHOWER ALL HIS BLESSINGS ON SUCH "HELPERS OF ALLAH". I CAME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT THIS MUST HAVE BEEN THE SECRET OF MY LONGEVITY AND ALL OTHER BLESSINGS OF GOD ON ME.

 

 

__._,_.___

No comments:

Post a Comment