Thursday, February 16, 2012

Re: Of all the real super genius people out there...

Nurse: Professor, do you believe in God.

Einstein: My dear, I have spent my whole life trying to watch him
work

On Feb 16, 10:16 am, studio <tl...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 16, 9:40 am, GregfromBoston <greg.vinc...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > He also advised FDR not to do it, and was extremely, and devoutly
> > religious.
>
> lol... uh, no Einstein was NOT devoutly religious... while he did
> sometimes use God as a reference for certain things, if anything he
> was agnostic.
>
> "Only Buddhism is compatible with science. It covers the smallest
> particles to the largest creations of the cosmos.  It is the only
> religion capable of scientific truth." - Albert Einstein
>
> Does this sound like a guy who is supporting Judaism or religion?
> Buddhists don't believe in a God Greg.
>
> And another great American scientist Carl Sagan as eulogized by his
> wife Ann Druyan ...
>
> When my husband died, because he was so famous
> and known for not being a believer, many people
> would come up to me--it still sometimes happens--
> and ask me if Carl changed at the end and converted
> to a belief in an afterlife. They also frequently ask
> me if I think I will see him again. Carl faced his death
> with unflagging courage and never sought refuge in
> illusions. The tragedy was that we knew we would
> never see each other again. I don't ever expect to be
> reunited with Carl.
>
> But, the great thing is that when we were together,
> for nearly twenty years, we lived with a vivid
> appreciation of how brief and precious life is. We
> never trivialized the meaning of death by pretending
> it was anything other than a final parting. Every
> single moment that we were alive and we were
> together was miraculous--not miraculous in the
> sense of inexplicable or supernatural. We knew we
> were beneficiaries of chance. . . . That pure chance
> could be so generous and so kind. . . . That we
> could find each other, as Carl wrote so beautifully in
> _Cosmos_, you know, in the vastness of space and
> the immensity of time. . . . That we could be together
> for twenty years. That is something which sustains
> me and it's much more meaningful. . . . The way he
> treated me and the way I treated him, the way we
> took care of each other and our family, while he
> lived. That is so much more important than the idea
> I will see him someday.
>
> I don't think I'll ever see Carl again. But I saw him.
> We saw each other. We found each other in the
> cosmos, and that was wonderful.
>
> Copyright (c)2003 Ann Druyan
>
> Sorry Greg, he never believed in illusions either.
>
> > It was a dem congress that killed the Superconducting Super Collider
> > in 1993
>
> Probably because they already have one! And instead invested in the
> much larger one in Europe.

--
Thanks for being part of "PoliticalForum" at Google Groups.
For options & help see http://groups.google.com/group/PoliticalForum

* Visit our other community at http://www.PoliticalForum.com/
* It's active and moderated. Register and vote in our polls.
* Read the latest breaking news, and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment