Sunday, July 3, 2011

Military Discount at Lowes

Stopped by Lowes the other day to pick up and few odds and ends. Total
bill came to about twenty bucks. At register, requested the military
discount. I am a sixty year old Vietnam Vet of pure Irish heritage
naturally born in this country. The cashier asked to see my military
ID. I do not have a military ID and to be honest would not want to go
through the trouble and effort of securing one. I relayed this
information to cashier and he denied my discount. Now discount was
only a couple of bucks and that is certainly no big deal. But here is
the best part. The cashier was obviously born in India, Pakistan or
regional country. He was difficult to understand. No problem with
that, he will get better. But, for a gentleman who obviously came to
this country using the very freedoms I helped secure for him, and then
have the audacity to deny me?

Just one more indication leading to the eventual erosion of all that
was accomplished to make the USA such a special place.

--
Thanks for being part of "PoliticalForum" at Google Groups.
For options & help see http://groups.google.com/group/PoliticalForum

* Visit our other community at http://www.PoliticalForum.com/
* It's active and moderated. Register and vote in our polls.
* Read the latest breaking news, and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment