Sunday, March 13, 2011

Re: Grandson going to Parris Island

Hey Sarge!
 
Yep,   I echo Dick's sentiments and know you and the family have to be proud!  The Grandson will do just fine!
 
It's good to see you too!
 
Keith

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 7:16 AM, dick thompson <rhomp2002@earthlink.net> wrote:
Congrats - and thanks for all the service from your family.  Hope the kid does you proud.


On 03/13/2011 12:53 AM, SgtUSMC wrote:
My grandson is about 13 and keeps saying he is going to be a Marine.
Nothing could make me happier. My uncle was a Marine, I was a Marine,
my son is a Marine, and my grandson would be a fourth generation
Marine. So, I talk to him about it, try to tell him it isn't like
playing Call of Duty and stuff.

A few days ago my wife saw a message on facebook from her daughter
saying her son wants to go the summer camp for teens at Parris Island
but, she didn't have the $500 to send him. I told her I give her the
$500 if he wanted to go.

So, now he's all ready to go to get his first taste of the Marine
Corps. One of his friends went last year and is going again this year.
He said most of them cried. My grandson's daddy told him he better not
cry.  I told him not to pay attention to the yelling and sutff and
explained what it is about.

So, I guess he's going to make his first effort and go to camp at
Parris Island. Big smile :-).

Semper Fi


--
Thanks for being part of "PoliticalForum" at Google Groups.
For options & help see http://groups.google.com/group/PoliticalForum

* Visit our other community at http://www.PoliticalForum.com/  * It's active and moderated. Register and vote in our polls. * Read the latest breaking news, and more.

--
Thanks for being part of "PoliticalForum" at Google Groups.
For options & help see http://groups.google.com/group/PoliticalForum
 
* Visit our other community at http://www.PoliticalForum.com/
* It's active and moderated. Register and vote in our polls.
* Read the latest breaking news, and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment