Sunday, January 23, 2011

ROFL -- Made Me Cry Last Night by David Dust


I hope he didn't smear his mascarra


 

MSNBC Made Me Cry Last Night

by David Dust


As many of you have already heard, Keith Olbermann and MSNBC ended their relationship abruptly last night and Keith (as well as Countdown) signed off the air for the last time. After hearing this - and determining it wasn't some elaborate prank - I cried like a baby.

Yes, that's a tad dramatic but dammit I'm a Queen and we're allowed - nay, REQUIRED - to bring the drama when we feel strongly about something. And I feel VERY strongly about Keith Olbermann.

If ya'll haven't figured it out by now, I spend a ridiculous amount of time on the computer. So much so, that I rarely watch television anymore - since my computer and TV connections are in separate rooms. In a way, this is good because I'm not wasting hours every week watching Seinfeld reruns. But it's also bad, because when one of the few shows I actually watch comes to an end - it really affects me. And Keith's sudden and unexpected departure last night hit me like a ton of bricks.

Keith Olbermann was the only cable news talking head who made any sense to me. He helped me get through the George W. Bush years, the oil spill in the Gulf and so many other frustrating events with my sanity (relatively) intact. For whatever reason, I GOT Keith - his intellect, his sense of humor, and yes - even his occasional pomposity.

So not being able to hear his take on the new Republican majority in the House - and then the 2012 elections (and beyond) simply freaks me out. Yes, there's always Rachel Maddow - but I don't connect with her like I did Keith. And if you think Rachel won't be toning down her progressiveness under the new Comcast overlords - especially after THIS - then you're kidding yourself.

In the meantime - Fox "News" and their right wing propaganda machine chugs along - now virtually unchallenged.

Dear Keith - you will be missed more than you can ever imagine.



Dream with NubianBrothaz
Live with BlackAbility
Imagine with poppaTops
Erotic Art at  Trillerz
 
Ain't No LOVE like Black Love

o--m

 
all groups are geared to:::::MEN OF COLOR  
NOT ALL MEN APPEARING IN PHOTOS ARE GAY
ALL STORIES/PHOTOS ARE IN PUBLIC DOMAIN.  IF YOUR PHOTO(S) OR STORY APPEAR HERE AND YOU WANT IT REMOVED, PLEASE CONTACT US.
TRILLERZthe next best thang toLOVE

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
IF YOU LOVED YOUR BROTHER THE SAME AS YOURSELF,
THERE WOULD BE NO HATE LEFT IN THE WORLD !!
.

__,_._,___

--
Thanks for being part of "PoliticalForum" at Google Groups.
For options & help see http://groups.google.com/group/PoliticalForum
 
* Visit our other community at http://www.PoliticalForum.com/
* It's active and moderated. Register and vote in our polls.
* Read the latest breaking news, and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment