Friday, September 7, 2012

An Unconstitutional Constitution Party Candidate


An Unconstitutional Constitution Party Candidate
Posted by Laurence Vance on September 6, 2012 02:20 PM

I was recently asked about the Constitution Party candidate for president, Virgil Goode. I must confess that because I don't vote and because third parties have absolutely zero chance of winning a presidential election, I have not paid much attention to Mr. Goode. I do note, however, that he supports the war on drugs. If there is anything that is clearly unconstitutional, it is certainly the federal war on drugs. How someone running under the banner of the Constitution Party can support a federal war on drugs is very perplexing.

Even someone who is such a drug warrior that he wants the death penalty for drug possession should agree that it is on the state level where all drug laws should be passed--if they should be passed in the first place (which I am, of course, opposed to).

No comments:

Post a Comment