Monday, August 6, 2012

Fwd: [New post] Convening the Democracy Symposium



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: The League of Ordinary Gentlemen
Date: Monday, August 6, 2012
Subject: [New post] Convening the Democracy Symposium
To: majors.bruce@gmail.com


New post on The League of Ordinary Gentlemen

Convening the Democracy Symposium

by Burt Likko

Hi there everybody. This post opens up our second symposium, this time on the subject of democracy. Our opening question is: "Is liberal democracy viable?" There are lots of directions an author might go in response to that question, and I can't wait to see what everyone has to say. I'm also not particularly married to the idea that this exact question be the only one addressed by our authors. The possibilities for of quirks and twists in the discussion as we get different perspectives on the general subject is tantalizing indeed. My own first post appears below the jump.

If you wish to submit a guest essay for the symposium, you are more than welcome to do so. Please submit it to me at burtlikko [at] gmail [dot] com and bear with me if I don't get around to scheduling it immediately after I get it -- I have a day job that interferes with my blogging avocation from time to time. Please make sure your posts have the tag "Democracy Symposium." I'm looking forward to sharing ideas with you all! Now, if you'll proceed to the jump, I have some opening remarks about how an eighteenth-century Scots Tory predicted the travails of Greece and the poisoned polticial polarization of the contemporary American healthcare reform debate. Read more of this post

Burt Likko | August 6, 2012 at 6:00 am | Tags: Democracy Symposium | Categories: Politics & Foreign Affairs | URL: http://wp.me/pqdHr-aFo

Comment    See all comments

Unsubscribe or change your email settings at Manage Subscriptions.

Trouble clicking? Copy and paste this URL into your browser:
http://ordinary-gentlemen.com/blog/2012/08/convening-the-democracy-symposium/



--
Thanks for being part of "PoliticalForum" at Google Groups.
For options & help see http://groups.google.com/group/PoliticalForum
 
* Visit our other community at http://www.PoliticalForum.com/
* It's active and moderated. Register and vote in our polls.
* Read the latest breaking news, and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment