Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Fwd: Latest Articles



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jamie Kirchick

Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.
<http://gallery.mailchimp.com/64b898a0a81dd7326f504aa05/images/James_Kirchick.jpg>
Dear Friends,

Please find below a selection of my latest articles.

I would also like to announce the launch of my new website, www.jameskirchick.com, which features most of my written work over the past 5 years, including one or two pieces from my Yale days. I will use this site frequently to post my most recent articles, so if you simply can't wait for this regular email, check the site. 

I have also joined World Affairs Journal as a contributing editor. I've been writing for World Affairs for several years now and am delighted to become part of the publication in a more thoroughgoing capacity. I have revived my World Affairs blog, where I will be writing on a more regular basis, and I also suggest that you to check out the site read the work of my co-bloggers, whose expertise spans across the globe. 

Earlier this month, I was shocked to hear about the death of my friend Andrew Breitbart, a pioneering and controversial conservative internet entrepreneur and activist. I wrote a brief memory of him in Tablet, and recounted a junket we both took to Azerbaijan for World Affairs. 

The real scandal about Pat Buchanan's departure from MSNBC, I argue in the Columbia Journalism Review, was not that he was fired, but that the progressive network ever hired him in the first place. 

I recently returned from Hungary, and will be publishing a series of articles about the political situation there. The first appeared last week at Foreign Policy, and is a profile of the combative prime minister, Viktor Orban. 

For the Washington Post, I wrote about the Organization of Islamic Cooperation's attempt to scuttle debate about gay rights at the United Nations. 

My monthly Ha'aretz column criticizes the Israeli Ambassador to Belarus for some comments he made last month. 

And in this month's Commentary, I examine the career of Seymour Hersh, one of the most unjustly revered journalists of the modern era. His career, however, has been full of distortions, sloppiness and lies. 

Best, 

Jamie


 follow on Twitter | friend on Facebook | forward to a friend 
Copyright © 2012 James Kirchick, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you are on Jamie Kirchick's articles list.
Our mailing address is:
James Kirchick
Slavikova 23
Prague 12000
Add us to your address book
<http://gallery.mailchimp.com/089443193dd93823f3fed78b4/images/banner1.gif>
 unsubscribe from this list | update subscription preferences

<http://mailchimp.us2.list-manage.com/track/open.php?u=64b898a0a81dd7326f504aa05&id=6c0a6eab27&e=95fdfeaa2b>

--
Thanks for being part of "PoliticalForum" at Google Groups.
For options & help see http://groups.google.com/group/PoliticalForum
 
* Visit our other community at http://www.PoliticalForum.com/
* It's active and moderated. Register and vote in our polls.
* Read the latest breaking news, and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment