Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Occupy’s List of Demands



New post on Doctor Bulldog & Ronin

Occupy's List of Demands

by doctorbulldog

I figured that since the American public is pretty much clueless as to what the Occupiers are petitioning their government for, I would post their demands for your perusal and add my own comments.

Now, I have to tell you all that I really, really, really, tried as hard as I could to find something, anything to agree with the Occupiers on, but there isn't one damn line item I could wholeheartedly support:

Proposed list of demands from Occupy Wall Street:

1.  Repeal the Taft-Hartley Act. Unionize ALL workers immediately.

That's just wonderful; give more money to the communist morons who helped put us in this financial mess to begin with.  And, what if I don't want to shell out my hard earned money to a union?.  Are you saying that I don't have a right to opt out?  How "Progressive" of you.

2.  Raise the minimum wage immediately to $18/hr. Create a maximum wage of $90/hr to eliminate inequality.

$18/hr?  Are you crazy?  I've had some great jobs that supported me just fine at wages well below that---in California, even! 

Heck, the average worker in America makes $19.81/hr.  

This is just another Communist attempt to level the playing field.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist (which I am) to figure out that the employers will just increase the price of their widgets in order to balance the books.  Prices go up, inflation runs rampant. 

Also, a cap of $90/hr is ridiculous; just about everyone who makes anything near that is SALARIED!  Ergo, the cap is meaningless. 

But, let's ignore that for the moment and say that there's a cap of $90/hr.  What if I am a better worker than my coworker who is paid the same amount as I am?  Why should I be punished for being a better worker?  Is that fair?  What motivation, beyond my own sense of pride and self-worth, would I have to continue working so hard?

3.  Institute a 6 hour workday, and 6 weeks of paid vacation.

6 x 5 = 35.  That's five hours less money than I had before.  Yeah, way to go; not only will inflation go up because of the $18/hr minimum wage, you'll have less money at the end of the week to pay for it.  Brilliant!  But hey, you'll have more time off to enjoy your pay-cut---just don't even think about going to Disneyland with your family.

4.  Institute a moratorium on all foreclosures and layoffs immediately.

Oh, that's just great:  A business which is hemorrhaging money can't lay off a few workers in order to keep all the other workers from losing their jobs once the company finally buckles from under the weight of  having to keep said few workers.  Yeah, that's freakin' brilliant...

5.  Repeal racist and xenophobic English-only laws.

Uh, yeah...  So that we can kill more trees (tree-huggers, where are you? ) to print up voting instructions in all languages.  And, we can have even more confusing traffic signs that look like a freakin' Rosetta Stone:

Read more of this post

doctorbulldog | 15 November, 2011 at 6:27 pm | Categories: politics | URL: http://wp.me/p1NPg-7rW

Comment    See all comments

Unsubscribe or change your email settings at Manage Subscriptions.

Trouble clicking? Copy and paste this URL into your browser:
http://doctorbulldog.wordpress.com/2011/11/15/occupys-list-of-demands/

Thanks for flying with WordPress.com


--
Thanks for being part of "PoliticalForum" at Google Groups.
For options & help see http://groups.google.com/group/PoliticalForum
 
* Visit our other community at http://www.PoliticalForum.com/
* It's active and moderated. Register and vote in our polls.
* Read the latest breaking news, and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment