Friday, May 6, 2011

The Death Of Osama Bin Laden

The Death Of Osama Bin Laden
by Michael Badnarik

Thomas Jefferson said, “I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever.” After watching the reaction of countless Americans to the news that Osama Bin Laden was successfully assassinated, I remain mildly nauseous. Not since the Carter administration have I been so embarrassed of my country. In spite of our technological superiority, we are nothing more than a third world country, filled with unsophisticated xenophobes.

Sophistication: character, ideas, tastes, or ways as the result of education, worldly experience,

How many times have I watched people in foreign countries burning the American flag as they riot in the streets? I cautiously pity these people, consoled only by the fact that they remain thousands of miles away from where I live. They have little or no education, evidenced by the fact that they joyously celebrate the death or downfall of their enemies. How is that any different from the mobs of flag waving Americans, cheering and celebrating the death of Osama Bin Laden? Many singing our national anthem so far off key, I doubt they could carry a tune if it was in a bucket. Before I realized why everyone was cheering, I wondered which sporting event I had missed. I knew that the World Series and Super Bowl were behind us, but my complete lack of interest in sports left me wondering which team was claiming a championship, and in which sport. I remain sick to my stomach knowing that this is how Americans respond to the death of an enemy.

Everyone knows my reputation regarding the Second Amendment, and nobody with an IQ over 50 would doubt my willingness to defend myself if the circumstances required it. What would the jury conclude if they saw a videotape of me whooping and hollering in celebration over the body of an intruder that I had “double tapped” a few moments before? (I was not impressed when Diane Sawyer used this term as if it were some highly advanced military technique.) How could I claim extreme duress, insisting that I was in fear of my life, as I stand over my conquest quipping, “No, don’t get up. I’ll call the ambulance,” as if I were in a Hollywood movie? War is hell. Death is permanent. No sane and rational person celebrates either one. I don’t deny that killing someone before they kill you is occasionally necessary, but expressing anything but regret that it was necessary is sick and twisted.

The United States used to be the pinnacle of education, historically number one in both math and science worldwide. We now outsource any job that requires the least bit of thinking. The people behind the cash register at fast food restaurants are unable to correctly calculate the cost of your food, or the amount of change you should get. As a nation we are obsessed with Michael Jackson, Dancing with the Stars, and the self-destruction of Brittany Spears and Lindsay Lohan. How many days am I going to have to watch the pageantry of the royal wedding which glorifies the upper echelon of a primitive class system? “All men are created equal” my ass!

Why did I waste my time doing homework, visiting museums, and going to college when most of the people I meet are not smart enough to engage in any conversation above the sixth grade level? Many high school seniors are functionally illiterate, using Crayolas to color inside the lines while I attempt to talk to them about civics and the Constitution. It makes me crazy when I am criticized by people who confuse THEN and THAN, or don’t know the difference between THERE, THEY’RE and THEIR.

I don’t know for sure that Bin Laden was responsible for the attack on September 11th. My only evidence comes from the government by way of the Lame Stream Media, which doesn’t come anywhere close to scientific proof in my book. I’m not one hundred percent convinced that Bin Laden is even dead. The only thing I’ve seen on television is a jittery video with something that looks like blood on the floor, and a report that his body has already been buried at sea. The only thing I am certain of is that America is in rapid decline, and that the empire built around it will soon collapse for the same reasons that the Roman and Greek empires no longer exist. They rotted away from the inside.

http://www.libertyforall.net/?p=5883
--

Freedom is always illegal.

No comments:

Post a Comment