Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Re: Grandson going to Parris Island

http://www.anti-war.us/gallery/detail.php?artist=64&artwork=0


On Mar 13, 12:53 am, SgtUSMC <devildawg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My grandson is about 13 and keeps saying he is going to be a Marine.
> Nothing could make me happier. My uncle was a Marine, I was a Marine,
> my son is a Marine, and my grandson would be a fourth generation
> Marine. So, I talk to him about it, try to tell him it isn't like
> playing Call of Duty and stuff.
>
> A few days ago my wife saw a message on facebook from her daughter
> saying her son wants to go the summer camp for teens at Parris Island
> but, she didn't have the $500 to send him. I told her I give her the
> $500 if he wanted to go.
>
> So, now he's all ready to go to get his first taste of the Marine
> Corps. One of his friends went last year and is going again this year.
> He said most of them cried. My grandson's daddy told him he better not
> cry.  I told him not to pay attention to the yelling and sutff and
> explained what it is about.
>
> So, I guess he's going to make his first effort and go to camp at
> Parris Island. Big smile :-).
>
> Semper Fi

--
Thanks for being part of "PoliticalForum" at Google Groups.
For options & help see http://groups.google.com/group/PoliticalForum

* Visit our other community at http://www.PoliticalForum.com/
* It's active and moderated. Register and vote in our polls.
* Read the latest breaking news, and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment