Friday, November 12, 2010

Re: Thank a Vet?


An Air Force Veteran Speaks Out
Posted by Laurence Vance on November 11, 2010 08:26 PM

"I flew many missions for Southern Watch only to later find out I was helping enforce a blockade that was starving and sickening the people of Iraq. I flew hundreds of sorties for 'Enduring Freedom' and 'Iraqi Freedom' (those names are a sick joke). I personally supervised the expenditure of millions and millions of dollars, and put the lives of some damn fine people at risk. What arrogant stupidity on my part. Before that I sat nuclear alert with a plane full of the most terrible weapons you could imagine. It is my dread that Christ will hold this against me as he likewise did to King David for being a 'man of war.'  Now I counsel young people to stay out of the military and try to explain to others what these endless wars are all about. "

No comments:

Post a Comment