Sunday, November 14, 2010

Fwd: [LA-F] What do you think made you become a heterosexual? Just one of the bizarre questions council chiefs are asking staff on 'diversity' course


 

> and 'If you've never slept with a person of the same sex, how do you
know you wouldn't prefer it?'

This is a fair enough question and I in my role as a counsellor I have
asked the opposite question in discussion groups with of gay men. 'If
you've never had sex with a person of the opposite sex, how do you know
you wouldn't prefer it?'

Some replied that they had, it had been unsuccessful, or they were
embarrassed as they couldn't raise an erection or others said it did not
give them as much satisfaction as they enjoyed when with a same-sex
partner whilst others said that they felt they would be unable to get an
erection in that situation through a lack of sexual desire and had no
intention of trying.

This is a very difficult area and unless people have experimented they
are not really in a position to discuss the matter authoritatively. I
have discussed the matter sufficiently with sufficient people to know
that what people may think will happen, is the case, or the answer it is
not necessarily what will actually happen if they actually try things.

Let me give you an example from personal experience. You may draw your
own conclusions and different people will draw different conclusions.

In 1972 when I was in the North of Scotland a woman, Olive, who was
later to become my wife was courting a fellow, Mickey who was my best
friend. Mickey and me went everywhere together and did everything
together in the way that ordinary chums do. We both worked at the same
hotel and had adjoining bedrooms on the ground floor of the staff
quarters. After being out one night Mickey returned after walking Olive
home and knocked on my door to tell me he did not have a key to get into
his room and so he came and slept with me in my 3 foot single bed.
During the night we had sex together. I honestly do not know who started
it but it was probably because we had been out drinking and dancing. I
know that as a general rule I never start anything if I am sleeping
with a str8 guy for fear of losing the friendship. I later learned that
he had never had sex with a same-sex partner before. The matter was not
discussed between us on the following day and I put this down to the
fact that he might be too embarrassed to bring it up and I certainly had
no intention of doing so. However about two weeks later Mickeys key went
missing again. We went to bed together in my room and he was the one
that instigated sexual activity. On the following Saturday night after
we had been out of the local dance and Mickey was about to take Olive
home he said to me, " Why don't you leave your door unlocked?"

Olive and Mickey had a falling out soon after that and I started dancing
a lot with Olive at the weekends and seeing her during the week. I did
not walk her home though. Later in that year Olive and me got married.
There was a single and a double bed in our bedroom and Mickey would
sometimes use the single bed if we came back from a dance late and he
couldn't be bothered going down to sleep at the hotel.

One night whilst we were in bed my wife said to me, "I want to be a real
wife to you." Her hand wandered down and grasped my manhood. "You are a
real wife to me and I love you. You told me before we married I didn't
want a sexual relationship." I whispered so as to not awaken Mickey who
was sleeping in the other bed.
"Well I changed my mind." she whispered back and continued to attempt to
excite me.
" I don't think I can. As you can feel there is nothing much happening
down there."
"That is because you are not used to it. It will happen." she insisted.
"Hush now you'll wake him up if you carry on like this." I warned her.

I lay there while my wife tried to get me worked up. Her touch was very
different to the touch of a man but since I loved my wife I did not want
to disappoint so I used the only means available to me.
" Mickey are you awake?" I spoke loud enough for him to hear me.
"How can anyone be asleep with you two whispering away over there?" came
his reply.
" OK do you have a Johnny?" I asked him for I knew he always kept a
couple in his jacket.
"Yes in my jacket breast pocket. It's on the chair."
"No you need to bring it to me." I told him.
"Fucking hell you know you are a real nuisance." was his response as he
clambered out of bed and stretched over to pick his jacket off the
chair. He brought the condom over.
As he opposed to bed I said "Sit on the edge of the bed for a minute."
As he sat down I rolled over onto my back and pushed down the bed
covers. "That my friend that you need to put it on for me." I told him.
"You kidding me." he laughed as he spoke.
"No Mickey I am not kidding." I said in a voice serious enough for him
to understand that I actually wanted him to do it.
With his teeth he ripped open the packet and as his hand touched me I
immediately became erect as I knew I would. He immediately went back to
his own bed before I had an opportunity to thank him and I immediately
gave my wife what she wanted.

On the next occasion when my wife wanted to have sex I conjured up the
memory of that Mickey putting the condom on me and everything worked
fine. After a few times my wife did not want me to use a condom. We had
agreed that we did not want children but unfortunately I ended up
impregnating her.

You see a woman can have sex with any man very easily as long as she is
willing without a man needs to be able to stimulate himself with some
image on memory or something in order to perform his role.

Iain
"Doing the best you can is not good enough, you must do what is necessary" Winston Churchill.
www.iains-images.co.uk

On 19/09/2010 14:35, Mario (LAF) wrote:
>
> What do you think made you become a heterosexual? Just one of the
> bizarre questions council chiefs are asking staff on 'diversity' course
>
> By Chris Hastings
>
> Last updated at 1:36 AM on 19th September 2010
>
> Town Hall bosses are asking staff to take part in a 'heterosexuality
> quiz' so they can gain a greater understanding of what it is like to
> be gay.
>
> The quiz, devised by managers at Buckinghamshire County Council, is part
> of an equality and diversity course called 'Respecting Sexuality'.
>
> Questions, which are described as a 'twist' on those routinely asked of
> homosexuals, include 'What do you think caused your heterosexuality?',
> 'Is it possible your heterosexuality stems from a neurotic fear of
> others of the same sex?', and 'If you've never slept with a person of
> the same sex, how do you know you wouldn't prefer it?'
>
> The course, which encourages staff to 'have a better understanding' of
> the challenges faced by lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender
> colleagues, includes a film which follows the experience of four
> fictitious employees.
>
> The film is said to 'build in intensity' and can provoke a variety of
> reactions. Trainers' notes state: 'Initial reactions to the stories vary
> widely, with heterosexual (straight) people often dismissing the stories
> as exaggerated or rare and homosexual (gay people) immediately
> recognising the issues and emotions explored here as honest and relevant.'
>
> The Buckinghamshire council course is just one of a series of publicly
> funded equality and diversity sessions uncovered in a series of Freedom
> of Information requests by The Mail on Sunday.
>
> Cardiff, Slough and Cheshire West and Cheshire councils have also
> incorporated quizzes in their sessions. In Slough, employees ask
> colleagues questions from a specially prepared grid such as 'Can you
> sing a few lines from a Supremes song?' and 'Do you read The Guardian?'
>
> Staff at Cardiff City Council are challenged to name the inventor of the
> 'great British classic car the Mini', and to identify the symbol used to
> celebrate the Chinese New Year.
>
> Matthew Sinclair, director of the TaxPayers Alliance, said: 'With huge
> pressure on the public finances, and council tax nearly doubled over the
> last decade, it is vital that councils show they can start cutting back
> on waste to keep down taxes and avoid unnecessary pressure on services.
>
> 'To see councils wasting money on such a ludicrous, politically-correct
> exercise in that environment is disgusting. 'Ensuring that councils
> don't discriminate doesn't require such insane attempts at a superficial
> understanding of different communities.'
>
> A spokesman for Buckinghamshire County Council said its quiz was devised
> to help staff in its adoption service. He was unable to say how many had
> taken part or at what cost.
>
> 'The questions from the quiz are not used as a quiz directed at
> individuals, but some of the questions are used as a tool during the
> course to provoke the attendees' thought process and to enable the
> attendees to put themselves in someone else's shoes,' he added.
>
> Last week, The Mail on Sunday revealed that managers at Brighton and
> Hove City Council had taken part in a diversity seminar called
> Adventures in Lesbianandgayland which invited them to imagine they had
> now woken up in a world where homosexuality was dominant.
>
> Read more:
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1313348/What-think-heterosexual-Just-bizarre-questions-council-chiefs-asking-staff-diversity-course.html#ixzz0zyuao6gF
>
> --
> Mario Huet
> Libertarian Alliance Forum
> List Administrator
>
> **********************************************
> Words cannot picture her; but all men know
> That solemn sketch the pure sad artist wrought
> **********************************************
> James Thomson, The City of Dreadful Night
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Subscribe:  libertarian-alliance-forum-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
Unsubscribe:  libertarian-alliance-forum-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

NB - The Libertarian Alliance does not necessarily approve of the above message.
.

__,_._,___

--
Thanks for being part of "PoliticalForum" at Google Groups.
For options & help see http://groups.google.com/group/PoliticalForum
 
* Visit our other community at http://www.PoliticalForum.com/
* It's active and moderated. Register and vote in our polls.
* Read the latest breaking news, and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment