Monday, September 24, 2012

The $50 lesson

Recently, while I was working in the flower beds in the front
garden, my
neighbors stopped to chat as they returned home from walking their
dog.

During our friendly conversation, I asked their 12 year old daughter
what
she wanted to be when she grows up.

She said she wanted to be President one day.

Both of her parents - Democrat voters - were standing there, so I
asked
her: "If you were President what would be the first thing you would
do?"

She replied, "I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people."
Her parents beamed with pride!

"Wow, what a worthy goal!" I said. "But you don't have to wait until
you're
President to do that!" I told her.

"What do you mean?" she replied.

So I told her: "You can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull
up the
weeds, trim my hedge and I'll pay you $50. Then you can go down to
the Town
Centre, find a homeless man and can give him the $50 to buy food."

She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight
in the
eye and asked, "Why doesn't the homeless man come over and do the work
and
you can just pay him the $50?"

I said, "Welcome to the Republican Party."

Her parents aren't speaking to me any more.

--
Thanks for being part of "PoliticalForum" at Google Groups.
For options & help see http://groups.google.com/group/PoliticalForum

* Visit our other community at http://www.PoliticalForum.com/
* It's active and moderated. Register and vote in our polls.
* Read the latest breaking news, and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment