Friday, September 21, 2012

Blade article

My somewhat snarky reply to the Washington Blade article mentioning me today:

I am just a little surprised that no one from the Blade called me, and instead relied on a two month old "MetroWeekly" article (without a credit??) to get my statement on why I am running for office. The Washington Post interviewed me for an upcoming article yesterday, and that writer had also read "MetroWeekly" but she
 did call me. I guess MetroWeekly really is the authoritative news source for the gay community? (MW also actually called me when they were writing their article.)

Let me update you a tad and give you a correction.

I am not running so much simply to get the Libertarians permanent ballot status. I am running so they can register as Libertarians instead of as "other" – so they will be enfranchised. I am running so they can run for office without having to spend thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours in 100 degree heat collecting 5,000 or 10,000 signatures every time they want to put someone on the ballot — and this only after they and every other independent in the country is forced by the IRS to pay hundreds of millions of dollars to fund the Democratic and Republican conventions and campaigns (something I suspect even most Democrats and Republicans do not want to pay for).

Additionally you say Eleanor is popular. Oh no no no! She is popular with politicians and journalists. Real people who sign petitions on the street don't know who she is, even when they are registered voters. If the Libertarians achieve ballot status, I may next run against her in a Democratic primary, and if successful, run on both party lines if available.

http://www.washingtonblade.com/2012/09/20/d-c-s-gay-friendly-election/

--
Thanks for being part of "PoliticalForum" at Google Groups.
For options & help see http://groups.google.com/group/PoliticalForum
 
* Visit our other community at http://www.PoliticalForum.com/
* It's active and moderated. Register and vote in our polls.
* Read the latest breaking news, and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment