Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Rofl



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Frank O---
Date: Friday, August 24, 2012
Subject: [georgetownforum] OK: This is a classice
To: georgetownforum@yahoogroups.com


 

Before I write what I say "first hand" today let me add the following:

1 .I believe strongly in the importance of (high performing)government ( I am truly sorry if this sounds like government bashing- it should not.  I am not an unrelfexive government basher. 
2, I have helped multiple government agencies improve performance-   I know what govevernment can accomplish - and it is impressive and remarkable. 
3.  BUt as part of establishing credibilty  that government can accomplish tremendous things, but also when it screws up - it is important to be objectivie and I offer the following:

Today, on Wisconsin Avenue - when  I was coming home I saw two MPD cars and five FBI cars in front of the -  yet to be fully opened M & T bank branch. There were two MPD officers with MDP cars flashing light and five FBI Suburban SUVS  with at least three flashing lights. There were two uniformed MPD officers on site. And 10-12 FBI Personnell - who were wearing FBI T-shirts - clearly marked saying  things like : FBI evidence team. 

I went to ask one of the FBI personnnel what happened ( since I live a block or two away). But as i was asking of the FBI folks re: what had happened. he went back to the  FBI Chevrolet Suburban and found a DCPW parking ticket on the windshield. He said to me "this is how DC thanks us." And I said: " I want you to know that this is not representative of DC. And as a DC resident, I want to thank  you for your service."

4. I know we having a parking challenge in Georgetown. And I know many if not most of DCPW employees are great.


5. But there is no excuse for this. If we are to be government supporters and argue based on the facts- we also have to view "facts as friendlly" and be willing to address when goverment is messing up totallly  We need the crebiilit on the other side to be able to say when government has totally messed up. And when DCPW is putting parking tickets on FBI Suburbans during an active investigaition of a crime scene - DC government is screwing up. 


To: georgetownforum@yahoogroups.com
From: moniroache2@gmail.com
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 20:26:26 +0000
Subject: [georgetownforum] Electrician, simple job

 
Does anyone know of an electrician to do a simple job with a socket issue? Someone that is reasonable would be great.

Thanks,
Monica


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
group website: www.georgetownforum.com

group moderators: georgetowndcowner@gmail.com
.

__,_._,___

--
Thanks for being part of "PoliticalForum" at Google Groups.
For options & help see http://groups.google.com/group/PoliticalForum
 
* Visit our other community at http://www.PoliticalForum.com/
* It's active and moderated. Register and vote in our polls.
* Read the latest breaking news, and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment