Monday, July 9, 2012

**JP** Letter to Editor - The Mighty Awaam

Dear Join Pakistan

 

LETTER TO EDITOR 

July 9th, 2012

 

The Mighty Awaam

 

The ruling elite maintains that the parliament is supreme,  can legislate any law, amend the constitution  or decide whatever it likes – be it the acceptability of Dual Nationality or the status of a contemnor of the of a Court. Their main argument for it is that in a democratic set up it is the people (Awaam) who are ultimately the supreme. And as the parliament is formed by the representatives elected by them their such power is transferred to the parliament which ultimately becomes the supreme.  

 

As an ordinary awaam my head went dizzy after knowing my real worth and such importance.  I never realised my prowess and power, only, if the Patwari and the SHO are also notified of my these, apart from my “representative” granting me an audience of only a few seconds once in his 5 year term and not shooing me away from the  gates by his doormen!!  After all I am a part of the Mighty Awaam.  

 

Viva la democracy

Col. Riaz Jafri (Retd)

 

Col. Riaz Jafri (Retd)
30 Westridge 1
Rawalpindi 46000
Pakistan
Tel: (051) 5158033
E.mail: jafri@rifiela.com

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "JoinPakistan" group.
You all are invited to come and share your information with other group members.
To post to this group, send email to joinpakistan@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com.pk/group/joinpakistan?hl=en?hl=en
You can also visit our blog site : www.joinpakistan.blogspot.com &
on facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Join-Pakistan/125610937483197

No comments:

Post a Comment