Saturday, April 28, 2012

Re: After bullied gay teen Jack Reese’s suicide, Ogden, Utah to hold community meeting, candlelight vigil

How sad and tragic.
 
Apparently, Jack Reese was suffering from depression.  Here are but a few of the comments from his obituary:
 
Hey there kiddo, I wish you were still here with us today. :/ It's really crazy around here without you. Gosh, I remember all the times we just sat around and talked or just goofed off. It's crazy to think that, that will never happen again. You were such a sweetheart. One of the kindest hearts I knew. You were always the silliest kid, always so happy go lucky and upbeat about life. But I guess what they say is true, the happiest ones are truly the most depressed inside. I wish you would have talked to someone, anyone. You have so many people who were and always will be here for you and love you so very much. I miss you Bud, fly high
 
McKenna Melton
 
I knew Jack a little bit from working at Morgan High. I am sorry for your loss, he will be missed. I wish I could have done something or known of his sadness and my heart and prayers are with his parents.
 
Debbt7
 
===============
 
The obituary has voluminous entries mourning this child's death, mostly from school mates:
 
 
I guess my point, is that this death is not about bullying.  I don't think this death has anything whatsoever to do with this child's sexuality, and shame on anyone who attempts to market this child's demise, for political gain.
 
 

--
Thanks for being part of "PoliticalForum" at Google Groups.
For options & help see http://groups.google.com/group/PoliticalForum
 
* Visit our other community at http://www.PoliticalForum.com/
* It's active and moderated. Register and vote in our polls.
* Read the latest breaking news, and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment