Thursday, July 7, 2011

"Why I Was Arrested at a D.C. Taxi Commission Meeting"

http://homesdc.blogspot.com/2011/07/why-i-was-arrested-yesterday-at-dc-taxi.html


YouTube help center | e-mail options | report spam

BruceMajors has shared a video with you on YouTube:

Here's Reason.tv Producer Jim Epstein's account of what happened:

On June 22, 2011, I attended a meeting of the D.C. Taxi Commission for a story I'm currently working on about a proposed medallion system in the district.

About half-an-hour into the meeting, I witnessed journalist Pete Tucker snap a still photo of the proceedings on his camera phone. A few minutes later, two police officers arrested Tucker. I filmed Tucker's arrest and the audience's subsequent outrage using my iphone.

A few minutes later, as I was attempting to leave the building, I overheard the female officer who had arrested Tucker promise a woman, who I presumed to be an employee of the Taxi Commission, that she would confiscate my phone. Reason intern Kyle Blaine, overheard her say, "Do you want his phone? I can get his phone."

(The woman who was given assurances by the officer that she could have
my phone can be seen at the end of the video... more

By the way, did you know you can rent movies from YouTube? Check it out now: youtube.com/movies.

© 2011 YouTube, LLC
901 Cherry Ave, San Bruno, CA 94066

--
Thanks for being part of "PoliticalForum" at Google Groups.
For options & help see http://groups.google.com/group/PoliticalForum
 
* Visit our other community at http://www.PoliticalForum.com/
* It's active and moderated. Register and vote in our polls.
* Read the latest breaking news, and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment