Saturday, February 5, 2011

Re: Punxsutawney Phil celebrates 125 years of Groundhog Day, Predicts Early Spring

On Feb 3, 6:42 pm, Keith In Köln <keithinta...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think this was the first time that I actually saw the festivities in
> Punxsutawney.....In my whole life!  They televised it here, on several
> Deutsch television stations,  as well as CNN International.   I'd heard
> about the deal all of my life, but I had never seen it until yesterday.  All
> of the men are formally dressed, in tails, ties and top hats!  Everyone on
> Punxsutawney (as well as Phil, who also predicted) that the Pittsburgh
> Steelers are taking the show this year!!

They show that on TV around the tri-state area every year...
personally speaking, it's just another stupid tradition based on
superstition.
I don't get my news, weather forecasts or sports predictions from
Ground Hogs, sorry.

--
Thanks for being part of "PoliticalForum" at Google Groups.
For options & help see http://groups.google.com/group/PoliticalForum

* Visit our other community at http://www.PoliticalForum.com/
* It's active and moderated. Register and vote in our polls.
* Read the latest breaking news, and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment