Tuesday, January 18, 2011

When China attacks




When China attacks

I should start by admitting that the only time I buy something "made in China" is to modify it for a useful purpose. I routinely buy their junk just to cut it up and build something useful from it, mostly tools but occasionally something that I need a small engine for. With a little American ingenuity, even Chinese made products can be made useful. Right now, a complete boycott of Chinese made junk is impossible but it is a goal of mine.

I look at Chinese products like I do things that I find in a flea market, I realize that I am buying junk and that I will have to work on it before I can trust it. When I do buy their junk, I buy it used. It is cheaper and it keeps my money in my own neighborhood.

China is attacking America, in 2009, it swindled obama into agreements on energy research programs that only favored China and hurt the US. No shocker to anyone that watches obama or China. The U.S. has filed a complaint at the World Trade Organization against China's policies favoring its producers of wind and solar equipment. I expect the WTO is be about as useful as a Chinese made socket set, they look good but will break if used for its intended purpose, bottom line, is the WTO is useless.

Wrapped up into the myth of global warming is the global effort to control "green house gases" so far China has refused to play into that particular scam but still continues to keep the yuan low and hurt our non existent economic recovery. I cannot think of a single coworker, friend or neighbor that has seen any recovery-have you?

With $240 billion a year in trade, you would expect China to want a strong US economy but they are smarter than that. The Chinese are slowing buying America. Their cheap made junk is everywhere, and American made products are rare. Once they own Americas businesses, resources and real estate then you will see recovery.

In the name of global business and trade designed to ease global economic imbalances, America has lost its economic edge. With no money to buy and no ability to make, we can bitch, scream, cry and no one will really care. In truth we shot ourselves in the foot and now we complain about it hurting. Read more of this post

Add a comment to this post


WordPress

WordPress.com | Thanks for flying with WordPress!
Manage Subscriptions | Unsubscribe | Reach out to your own subscribers with WordPress.com.

Trouble clicking? Copy and paste this URL into your browser: http://subscribe.wordpress.com


--
Thanks for being part of "PoliticalForum" at Google Groups.
For options & help see http://groups.google.com/group/PoliticalForum
 
* Visit our other community at http://www.PoliticalForum.com/
* It's active and moderated. Register and vote in our polls.
* Read the latest breaking news, and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment