Thursday, December 1, 2011

Maybe this fellow needs pen pals



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: PGentle inBeijing
Date: Thursday, December 1, 2011
Subject: This was printed out and shown to me in China



Hello Bruce Majors and M
 
I just wish to show you I agree with you and published about protest in China. American employers do not look for your writing.  They did here.  After they showed em the book review, I had published , I just said, "Yes, I wrote it."  And I did not discuss it.  Nor did they discuss it further.  I am in central China now.   You  learn not to  try to figure out what they are thinking. It is a waste of energy.  They know you think differently and always will. 
 
In China an American employee does not try to control things. You tell the truth and you survive.  ( I saw 2 American teachers shere deported since the personal lfeud between them had lasted for years and so the Chinese just deported them. Most peoel believe an American woman was part of that decision.  Not all Americans are tolerant. One of the deported teachers came back after he cooled of  in the Phillipines. The other went back to the USA. )  
 
My teaching has helped me survive here. (I have had notes censored before.  So I just did something else that day.)   One problem about the violence you read is the abscence of arms on the side of  the protestors.  We all hate criminal activity with guns.  But if guns were completely out of Amereica, it woudl be such a loss of stature for citizens as a whole. 
 
If you at the last part of book review, it says see James Mann.  It is really grand to be in the USA. .  I am American. In America you  can have any viewpoint and spread it.   So spread it aroudn in America, by all means. Here I just cannot think about too miuch. The next time I go to Hong Kong and relax, I will think about it more. I am trying to get a job back there, when I can. Paul    

--
Thanks for being part of "PoliticalForum" at Google Groups.
For options & help see http://groups.google.com/group/PoliticalForum
 
* Visit our other community at http://www.PoliticalForum.com/
* It's active and moderated. Register and vote in our polls.
* Read the latest breaking news, and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment